Coolsculpting VS Vanquish: Which is better?
Coolsculpting marked the start of the era of non-surgical fat reduction. Prior to its debut in 2009, no one would have believed that a 60-minute procedure, that did not involve any cuts or needles, could remove fat permanently! But its ability to do exactly that is what made this body shaping procedure one of the most discussed fat removal technologies.
It gets rid of approximately 20-25% of your fat without any downtime, giving you all the benefits of fat removal without the added risk of surgery! Coolsculpting has seen over 2 million treatments conducted, and has stood strong as a market leader, despite the rise of sturdy competitors like Vanquish, that promises to deliver the same goal of non-invasive fat removal!
Despite this similarity, the technologies of both treatments are not at all interchangeable! Adopting both technologies in 2014, Only Aesthetics has had experience with both the Coolsculpting and Vanquish technologies.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COOLSCULPTING & VANQUISH
- Uses controlled cooling to shrink fat cells
- Requires some pinchable fat to be suctioned by the device
- Removes stubborn fat that won’t go away with diet and exercise
- Requires you to be fit, mildly obese or at your ideal weight
- Ideal for those with a BMI below 30
- Treatment areas include arms, belly, thighs, love handles, man boobs, bra fat and double chin
- Uses radio frequency to selectively heat up fat cells
- Does not require you to be at your ideal weight
- Allows for all body types to be treated
- Tightens your skin
- Stimulates collagen production
- Treatment areas include arms, belly, love handles and thighs
Both treatments rely on the concept of applying extreme temperatures (heat or cold) to fat cells, to affect its survival. The extreme temperatures trigger the natural death of the targeted fat cells (cell apoptosis) without harming the surrounding nerves, muscles or tissue. The fat cells that undergo apoptosis are metabolized and naturally eliminated from your body.
While the only known side effect for Vanquish is superficial skin burns, (usually kept to a minimum with proper treatment application), the possible side effects for Coolsculpting may include numbness from the extreme cold, bruising, enlargement of the treated area and lingering pain. However, these side effects are minor and like Vanquish, do not cause adverse harm to any surrounding nerves or muscles.
Both treatments permanently eliminate unwanted fat using non-invasive fat technologies, with Coolsculpting treating more stubborn fat areas than Vanquish. However, Vanquish comes with the added benefit of tightening and contracting loose skin along with stimulating the production of new collagen.