Beauty Wars: IPL VS Laser Hair Removal
Excessive, unwanted hair on the face, legs, back and chest, among other body parts, is a downright frustrating situation for many. In fact, the emotional pain it causes is insurmountable and unimaginable, which is why they’re looking for long-term solutions that can make them hairless on their desired body parts that IPL hair removal or laser hair removal in Singapore may prove useful for. Later, we’ll get these two head to head and compare so that you can get some guidance.
Here Are the Pains of Excessive Hair Growth
- Wearing scarves, hooded jackets and other clothing to cover one’s face may look like a fashion statement for some, but it’s actually a way of sufferers to hide their condition.
- There are those who choose to stay home, instead of socialising, for the fear of becoming the laughing stock of due to their excessive facial hair.
- There are those that do not enjoy being around with friends and people and choose to be alone, being imprisoned of boredom and loneliness due to unwanted body hair.
- Due to medications, such as anabolic steroids, cyclosporine and testosterone therapies, there are those that are suffering from abnormal hair growth, and women aren’t spared of it.
- There are women who feel less like a woman and more like a man due to their excessive facial hair and the growth of moustache just above their upper lip, making them feel inferior and less confident.
- There are women suffering from a polycystic ovarian syndrome that leads to hirsutism, a condition characterised by abnormal and excessive hair growth.
Are you one of these?
If you are, then it is time to look for a long-term solution. But is it IPL in Singapore or laser? Let’s compare.
Laser and IPL aren’t the same technologies, but both are useful for hair removal. They also have varying features, including the type of device used. But both of them use a small apparatus that generates heat to damage and burn hair follicles and eventually kill them to stop hair from growing back. This is the reason that some patients are feeling as if they have mild sunburn a day after the treatment, but such feelings subside eventually.
IPL VS Laser Hair Removal
It works via an intense beam of light, which is focused and precise in targeting the follicles, without harming the surrounding skin and tissues. It also delivers accurate results. The procedure is customised per patient, based on their hair type and skin type. Light beams are often combined with cooling in order to minimise heat buildup. A laser may also be used for treating large areas, such as the back and the legs. Laser treatments are also customizable based on a patient’s skin colour and tone.
Intense pulsed light, or IPL, also uses heat energy through a light-bulb-like apparatus or device to target the hair follicles. Commonly, IPL is advised for patients with fairer skin. Additionally, it has a special place in the world of skin treatment, especially problems like fine blood vessels and superficial pigmentation.
And experts reveal that IPL may be more flexible than lasers because no set wavelength is used, unlike with lasers. In this case, the wavelength can be adjusted to work for you, as well as the energy level and time that you are exposed can also be modified.
The IPL treatment is also designed to cover larger skin areas without taking so much time. While some people may experience mild discomfort while having intense pulse light treatment, such side effects subside quickly. The downside is that it is not for people with red, blond or white hair, but for those with dark or light hair type.
What Are The Similarities?
- Both the best IPL Singapore and laser treatments are effective in achieving hairlessness
- They are proven to work and to provide outstanding results.
- They do not require anaesthesia, medications and downtime.
- They are for most types of patients and they can provide long-term outcomes, although maintenance is required and the number of times for treatment varies from patient to patient.
To know which is right for you—IPL or laser hair removal in Singapore, we are inviting you to come down for a free consultation. Don’t forget to book an appointment with one of our staffs now so that you can start your journey to hairlessness. We are with you in every step of the way.
Contact us today![sgmb id=1]